Monday, November 23, 2009

Blog 8

Within our final project for Intro to Technology I believe that we can adopt WebQuest into our overall plans for our grade level and subject area. An aspect of WebQuests that I believe would positively enhance the classroom environment is the video-conferencing capabilities that it offers. For our final project we are responsible for incorporating skills that we have learned throughout this semester, and apply it to the current curriculum for the 8Th grade English Class that we have been assigned to. We have chosen to use the story “The Gift of The Magi” written by O. Henry, so it would be ideal to try to incorporate WebQuest within this story. I believe that video-conferencing would be a good idea because it will allow the students to use different learning styles in order to firmly grasp the information. And I also believe that the students would be excited to use new technology and this will make it easier for them to stay interested in the classroom and with the material. The WebQuests that I found was http://webquest.sdsu.edu/webquestwebquest.html, I chose this one because it was very organized, user friendly, and appropriate for all grade levels. Within the past week our Intro to Technology class learned how to use the Microsoft program Excel. Excel is a program which consists of spreadsheets. I believe that this program will be very beneficial to me in my educational career because it allows you to organize information, create charts and graphs, and also perform functions, which can cut your work time in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment