Saturday, October 24, 2009

Post 6

Critiquing my Power Point 1 assignment, using the guidelines given in text I believe that I did an over-all good job. The chapters presented guidelines that would improve the overall look, flow, and presentation of an educational topic. Some of the guidelines dealt with choosing colors for the background or text that weren’t too bright, because the contrast may make it difficult to read. It also spoke on using the same background for the entire power point because it created a sense of professionalism and uniformity. Another point that was made in the text was to not place too much information on a slide; instead you should just input main concepts or ideas. Within the classroom setting I would use webcams in order to enhance participation within the curriculum. Power Point presentations allow you to input/upload videos into the presentation. I would record the students explaining or doing a report on a given subject and input their video clip in the Power Point, and show it for the class. The skills we learned in the past week were very beneficial to all of the students despite differences within majors. Power Point is a great visual and audio tool that can be used on a multitude of different levels, for business presentations, or within the educational environment.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that web-cams would be a very interesting peripheral to incorporate in the classroom. One could also video class projects and student presentations and place them on a blog or wiki for parents of the students to view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea for incorporating webcam videos in the powerpoint. I think it would be a great to get students more involved and help the topic to really stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recording the students into a powerpoint seems like a really good idea to make the class feel involed with the presentation and the technology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your video idea is very creative! I think it would benefit students a lot to see their peers doing presentations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think teaching your students how to use a webcam is a great thing to do. It is a great way to involve you class in creative projects that are different from the normal type of projects.

    ReplyDelete