Monday, September 28, 2009

Post 1

Computers and new technologies are important parts of the educational experience because it allows academic programs to transition with the growing trend. Nowadays, whether you look at educational levels from elementary all the way to post graduate careers, technology has become an epidemic. For example, my younger cousin is in the fifth grade, and she had a mini project, where she had to use the internet to research information about President Obama. It seems that teachers or schools have already integrated technology and computers into their curriculum. The advancement of technology has allowed researching, networking, and daily task to become a lot more accessible and in many cases easier. Another example on why new technologies are important in our education experience is because it prepares you for the newest/latest things in regards to automobiles, cell phones, pda’s, laptops, etc. Just about every market has incorporated new technologies within their products, and it will allow you to transition smoothly to the advancements. I definitely agree with some of the issues raised in Chapter 1 however I disagree with some points as well. In Chapter 1 it discussed that over that as technology continues to advance that teachers will begin to teach basic computer skills less. I believe that technology has been implemented in our society, and individuals will always need to learn the basics on how to operate a computer so teachers will always have to keep it apart of their curriculum.

Within this course I think that we will use computers and the advancement of technology in order for us to learn basic computer concepts and programs. These programs can be Microsoft word, excel, access, and maybe power point. However I think that this course will go more in detail and might explore other programs because CGS2100, and CGS206 explore and teach the basics. I have gained experience over the years regarding basic computer concepts, learning how to type, and how to perform basic intermediate networking skills. I have not gained any knowledge on building and maintaining websites, so this is something that I hope will be explored within this course.

Currently my future career deals with providing service or assistance to families and children. My major is Sociology and Family Child Sciences, and I have recently applied for a job as a community liaison as a program assistant through the University of Florida. This job combines both the research and business with working with the surrounding counties of Tallahassee and working with the community. This is a job that I would love to do because you can give back to the community and see the fruits of your labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment