Monday, September 28, 2009

Post 2

I attended Horace Mann Middle School, and was fortunate enough to be apart of their computer magnet program. This was the time that I was formerly introduced to Microsoft Word. During these years I learned how to use the basic functions of Microsoft Word, and by the eight grade I had become very familiar and comfortable with using the software. Teachers over the course of my educational tenure have used Microsoft Word, to display notes during class. They have also used this software to display information online such as guidelines for test, quizzes, or assignments. I haven’t really seen any teachers or students for that matter use word in a creative setting. The most creative thing that elementary teachers have done would be to have a lot of clip art pictures on a page and allow kids to match it up with the correct name. This is just creative because it provides a visual with the words so the children can learn it.
So far in this course the skills that have been provided have served somewhat as a review for me. I have learned all of these things before however it reinforced old concepts that I have become vague. Within the remaining semesters of my educational career all of the skills learned for Microsoft Word will aid me, in assignments that deal with writing research papers, or outlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment