Monday, September 28, 2009

Post 3

For my lesson plan I would like to students to go to mypyramidtracker.gov, and review the information outlined dealing with eating healthy. I would like each student to keep a journal and record everything that they eat for the next week. At the end of the week I would like them to input the data into the pyramid. This will allow each student to visually see which areas of the food pyramid that they are eating, and if they are eating healthy. This will be for college freshman students, being that most students gain about 15 pounds during their first year away from home.
For this age group I don’t have any concerns with the internet use for the students. All students in college are adults, and they are mature enough to complete the assignment without rearing off and doing other things. The only thing which may distract their attention might be checking their email, facebook, or updating their twitter during class time.
The web based tool, would be the nutrition/diet tracker which can be found on http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment